I will be honest, before I had my own clothing business, I never paid attention to the different fabrics that are available in the stores. All I ever paid attention to was whether or not what I liked was dry clean only or if I could throw it in the washing machine. I have always been a fan of cotton just because out here in the hot Arizona desert it is not as uncomfortable as the other fabrics, but that was the extent of my fabric consideration.
Once I started my business, I came to realize how particular people are when it comes to their fabrics. Now I get constant questions, is it stretchy, is it slinky, is it leggings material, is it thick, is it see-through, especially since most of my business comes from on-line, my customers can’t feel the different fabrics, so I have become more familiar with describing the difference as best as I can. So let’s talk about the different fabrics, since I have LuLaRoe clothing in my boutique we will talk about the popular LuLaRoe fabrics, but this fabric can come in any brand of clothing:
Types of LuLaRoe Fabrics
- ITY Fabric- This is the fabric that you will hear people refer to as the slinky fabric. If you buy LuLaRoe clothes, this fabric is most often used with our Maxi and Azure skirts. Fun Fact: our leggings start out in this material, yup, mind blown, right? ITY stands for Interwoven Twist Yarn because of the method used to put a twist in yarn. ITY is a forgiving fabric.
- Ponte Roma-It is a double knit fabric, usually made from polyester and spandex. Ponte Roma has a lot of stretch. In LuLaRoe world, Cassies and Amelias come in this fabric. It is stable and firm, yet flexible and soft.
- Scuba Fabric- No, we are not talking about wearing a scuba suit, but if you want to, go right ahead, work it girl. Scuba is a knit like Ponte, a type of neoprene material. Have you ever watched Project Runway? Many times you see the designers grab the neoprene fabric when they want to create a structured outfit. It either turns out really well or a hot mess because neoprene is hard to work with, scuba is a thinner neoprene. LuLaRoe fans, mostly Cassie is created in this fabric.
- Jacquard- Jacquard is a fabric that features a raised pattern that is woven into the fabric rather than printed. This is a thicker fabric that is usually used in the warmer months, but with LuLaRoe there is a new t-shirt weight jacquard that you will see in many of the styles. It is a very luxurious fabric. In LuLaRoe world many of the popular styles have been featured in Jacquard lately: Amelia, Irma, Carly, Classic, almost all of your favorites have a Jacquard version.
- Liverpool-Liverpool is a cross between a double knit and a crepe. It has the weight and stretch of a knit but the beautiful texture of a crepe. It is perfect for a fitted dress or skirt. In LuLaRoe world, Azures, Madisons and Amelias are the most common in this fabric.
A Beautiful Amelia Dress
- Leggings- Our leggings material is made from butter, not really, but they sure do feel like it don’t they? As I mentioned previously, our leggings start out as the ITY fabric and then they go through our special process to get to their uber fabulous softness. The process is secret and is patent pending.
- Polyester-Very durable, resistant to shrinking and wrinkles. Irma, Classic Ts, and Perfect Ts are the most common LuLaRoe items you will find in this material.
That is the nuts and bolts of the majority of the fabrics that are available in LuLaRoe fabrics. Of course our fabulous designer likes to keep us on our toes, so every once in awhile he throws in a fun and innovative new fabric. Do you want to know all the latest and greatest fabrics with LuLaRoe, make sure to join my on-line boutique to stay in the know.