Congratulations you have decided to own your very own direct sales clothing boutique. In addition to the inventory that you will purchase from the company to start your business, there are additional supplies that you will need that need to be considered in the start-up costs. My boutique features clothes from LuLaRoe, so in addition to the $5,000-$7,000 you would spend for your inventory, you can consider these items as part of your LuLaRoe startup costs. The cost for inventory will vary depending on what company you decided to join.
Supplies you need for your business:
- Clothing Hangers-You need something to hang all those pretty clothes on. Costco has a fabulous deal, you can get 35 of the velvet hangers for only $9.99. You can order them on-line here, but it is better to go into the store because you can only order 2 boxes on-line.
- Clothing Racks-Depending on the size and where you will be storing your clothes, you may or may not need racks. Amazon and Bed Bath and Beyond are my top choices for clothing racks. Make sure you get the commercial grade racks like these, trust me, if you go for the cheap, flimsy ones, they will fall over from the weight of the clothes.
- Envelopes- If you plan to have an on-line boutique, you will need envelopes to ship out all of those pretty clothes. Amazon has tons of options! You want to pick the 10×13 poly-mailers, they fit the majority of our clothing styles, here are the ones I use, because, duh, purple:
- Dymo Printer- Many think this is a luxury item, admittedly, I did too, I ran my business without it for a whole year. Amazon was running a deal on it, so I decided to treat myself to it, what a time saver! You are able to print labels so fast and you never have to buy ink, just the labels! Get it!
- Scale- You will need a scale to weigh your packages so that you can give it the appropriate amount of postage. A kitchen scale is sufficient. Amazon has tons of options, Amazon has everything really, but you can go to Walmart or Bed, Bath & Beyond as well. The one above sitting underneath my Dymo I got from Amazon.
- Business Cards- People are going to be stopping you and complementing you on your cute outfit. Make sure you have business cards. I am sure whatever company you chose to go with has business cards you can purchase, otherwise Vistaprint is an excellent resource.
- Thank you Cards- You want to be able to thank your customers, so make sure you have thank you cards. There are cute options everywhere. Michael’s, Walmart, Dollar Tree. The below thank you cards I purchased at Target:
As you get rolling there are other tools that you may find you need, but these will give you a good foundation to have your business up and rolling.
Do you have other questions about other supplies you need for starting a direct sales clothing business? If you have decided to join LuLaRoe, feel free to send me a message and I will be happy to answer any questions concerning LuLaRoe startup costs.
*The links I posted are not affiliate links, just a direct link to the product so that you can see the price, I am not affiliated with these companies in any way.